Thursday, July 30, 2009

Little Foodie

This is an update on all of Daniel's fun eating. He is interested in seasonal fruit right now-strawberries, cantaloupe, blueberries, and sometimes blackberries. A few nights ago he ate, along with his other food, ten strawberries for dinner. At lunch today he ate several huge bites of some of my home-grown cantaloupe. I tried it with him last night and he didn't like it. Today I was eating it (and not offering it to him), and he pointed at it and said, "More! More! More!" So, I gave him some, and he loved it. That made me happy, since he never enjoyed the squash I grew. Tonight at dinner he ate at least five strawberries, and he saw me eating blueberries. He wanted some and got SO EXCITED to eat them. He'd say "More!" and I would hand him two blueberries (one for each hand). Just before he popped them in his mouth, he'd say, "More!" again so that I could get the next two ready. Then, he would put them in his mouth really fast and say, "um, um, um" which is his version of "yum, yum, yum." I didn't really count them, but I think he ate at least 30 blueberries. He had a new food today- gnocchi- it's an Italian food that is kind of like pasta but made of potatoes. It's a little bit like small lumps of mashed potatoes, except more dense. You boil it for three minutes, and you can put sauce and/or cheese on it. I made some with just a bit of mozzarella cheese on it, and he loved it. He can pick it up with his hands, so he likes it. He ate gnocchi, cantaloupe, and sweet potato french fries for lunch. And some rice. Happy Eating, Daniel!

No comments: