Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Saw That

I have a precious Christmas gift from my Nashville friend, Kerry. She sent me a photo magnet featuring a picture of me and friends at the baby shower my advisor and office mates gave me. Daniel is very interested in magnets right now, but I didn't want him to play with this one because it is special, and sometimes the magnets he plays with disappear or get teeth marks. So, I put it up high on the refrigerator and behind some papers. Today my Durham friend, Carrie, came to visit me, and I noticed the magnet and wanted to remember to show it to her. So, I put it out in view on the fridge. Soon, Daniel found it and grabbed it. I said, "Oh, you saw that. I want to show it to Carrie. This magnet is a special treasure. Please be careful with it." I told him about the picture and pointed to my belly and told him he was in there, etc. He carried it around for about 20 minutes playing with it. He sang and talked to it, saying "SAW THAT! SAW THAT! SAW THAT!" I guess he thinks "SAW THAT" is the name of that magnet (he knows the word 'magnet'). I giggled at him and he heard me, so he just said it more and more.

No comments: