Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh Lord

Yesterday at the museum, we ate lunch in the cafe. After lunch, I was putting D's high chair back and getting ready to go out the door. We weren't talking to each other. He was just looking around at the many moms and kids seated around us.

All of a sudden, he said in a quiet voice, "Oh Lord." I didn't really understand what he said, so I didn't reply or look at him. He continued to repeat, in a louder and louder voice (very calmly), "Oh, Lord.......oh, Lord................ooooohhhhh Lord!.........oooooooohhhhhhh LORD!"

All I could do was laugh. I looked around at the other moms. They were all laughing and giving me a look like, "Yes, they all tell on us. It happens to all of us. Just laugh about it."

Not sure just which time Daniel heard it, but I'm pretty sure my reaction to Joseph on the phone after he said his toe was broken was, "Oh, Lord."

No comments: