Friday, November 5, 2010

Interesting Solution

My mom gave Daniel a cloth Advent calendar in the shape of a Christmas tree, with numbered pockets for the days (1-24) of December. I told him it was an Advent calendar, to count the number of days until we celebrate Jesus' birthday. I said it has the days of December on it. He's been playing with it, and we've been reading the numbers to him. He's had it for three days or so.

Tonight in the family room after dinner, my mom asked what day of the week Christmas was on. She thought it was Saturday. She asked Joseph if he could look on his phone and tell her. He said yes. Daniel popped up and said, "I'll go get my Christmas tree, then I can tell you." I told him that was a really great idea. His Christmas tree does have the days of Christmas on it, but it doesn't have the days of the week.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

I LOVE reading everything Daniel says. He is so creative!