Monday, January 7, 2008

Betsy, pregnancy correspondent (by Betsy)

This is Betsy Watson, pregnancy correspondent, reporting to you live on Dec 18 at 4:05 am with up-to-the-minute pregnancy insomnia news.

I woke up at 3:30.

I want to play Yahtzee, but I can’t. Jennifer gave me this fabulous hand-held electronic Yahtzee game that I just LOVE. I play it every night before I go to sleep (and several other times during the day- but not while I am driving). Last night after I finished playing, Joseph borrowed it and I fell asleep while he was playing, and I can’t get it without waking him up.

So I am doing a blog entry.

I was really tired last night because it was the first night we’d been home for dinner since last Tuesday night. I’d been staying up until 10:30 or 11:00- which is REALLY late for me. So, I went to bed at 9 last night, and I think my body decided that I’ve had enough sleep, although I disagree.

I am looking at my beautiful Christmas tree and drinking grape juice. Juice is one of the joys of pregnancy for me. Normally, I can’t drink very much juice because it kind of upsets my stomach. But, now I can tolerate some juice every day. And you know what? Juice is delicious!

Well, I am really boring at 4 am. I guess I will wrap some presents or do Christmas cards. I’m a little bit behind in my Christmas duties, but every time I get a free minute I just want to go play with the twins. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO precious. I went to see them yesterday. I held the little girl and fed her a bottle and she went to sleep and I just sat there and loved her up. It was wonderful. I may get to see them again today.

Betsy Watson, signing off

Glasses Repair- by Betsy (Dec 18, 2007)

Everyone has been so kind and responsive when we’ve told them we are pregnant. I didn’t know what kind of responses to expect. I thought people who had several children or grandchildren (or none) would just say “that’s nice” or something. But, everybody has been great. They seem so happy and excited for us. I told some friends that people’s responses have been just as good as if I had said “Okay, we’re getting ready to tell you something really important, and you better get really excited about it.”

As a side note, I realized the other day that my glasses are bent out of shape so much that I need to take them to Dr. Ballard for a tune-up. Normally, this happens if I accidentally drop them or do some clumsy thing that results in bending them. I noticed that they weren’t straight about two weeks ago, but I didn’t know why. I had not dropped them or done anything (too) clumsy. And, they seemed to be getting a bit worse as time passed. Then, when we told one of our close friends at church about our baby, I figured it out. He got so excited that he just hugged me very quickly and very tightly. I hug everybody, so this wasn’t strange at all. But, I realized that when people were hugging me that my glasses were getting squeezed and bent. Over time, my glasses had been bent out of shape by people hugging me to congratulate me on my pregnancy. I think we’ve told just about everyone by now, so I should visit Dr. Ballard soon. I’m still waiting to see one friend from North Carolina during Christmas. I want to tell her in person. I think, as a safety precaution, I will take off my glasses first.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is so cute! I love the pictures of the two of you.