Monday, January 7, 2008

Felt the baby move (by Betsy)

Felt the baby move- by Betsy January 7, 2008

We felt the baby move for the first time last night around 10 pm. I was propped up on pillows in the bed reading one of the pregnancy books Angie gave me for Christmas. I felt something in my stomach, and I reached down and felt of my belly. When it happened again, I could feel it all the way through to my hand. I yelled for Joseph to come in (he was playing XBOX). He could feel it, too! He felt it about four times. Maybe our baby had the hiccups. I can’t remember if it’s possible for it to have the hiccups yet or not. Either way, it was so exciting. I will keep thinking about the best way to describe the feeling. It didn’t feel like a goldfish to me. I really can’t describe it yet. It didn’t really feel like a flutter either. Like a little gentle poke. Like a thump. I don’t know.
I am so glad that it happened when I was at home and Joseph was around. That made it extra special. We sat there for about 10 minutes until we thought it was stopped for awhile. Then we read it the first chapter of Harry Potter. It’s funny, I don’t have very many children’s books at the house right now; they are all at my parents’ house. We can remedy that quickly. They are coming on Tuesday to have dinner with us. If I ask them to bring one or two books, they will probably bring 30. I already read it Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle and Do You Have a Hat? last week. Herman Cheyenne is on his/her way! ☺ Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Lil Cook said...

This is hilarious! I love the whole Watson Baby saga! I can't wait to hear "which kind" of baby God has chosen for ya'll. You will be the most fun parents ever!!

Love you,
Lil