Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jesus, Help Calvin

Daniel can say two prayers- 1. Thanks Jesus 2. Help Jesus. We pray for our food and our families and friends this way. We have one friend who is getting ready to be an older brother, and we are praying frequently for him and his family. Sometimes I ask Daniel if he wants to pray, and we both pray. Sometimes he says, "Pray!" Then, I ask him who he wants to pray for, and we pray. Sometimes (less often) he spontaneously prays by himself.

The other day we were in the grocery store and Daniel was happy and active. He had been singing very loudly one of his favorite made-up songs, "Bob And Elaine's House" at the top of his lungs. We had gotten "compliments" from four people already. I was shopping as fast as I could. Then he started talking to himself. I listened at first and then got distracted. Later I realized he was repeating the same thing over and over. So, I listened for a minute and heard him say, "Jesus, help Calvin. Amen." (Calvin is our dog). I said, "Are you praying for Calvin?" He said, "Yes. More." and he continued.

No comments: