Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Possum.........or R.O.U.S.?

You will only understand this post if you have watched the movie (or read the book) The Princess Bride. If you haven't, please turn off your computer and rent the movie. It is excellent.

We have an ENORMOUS possum living under the shed in our back yard. It is AT LEAST three times the size of Calvin (11 pounds). It is completely hideous, and it comes out every day at dusk (or earlier if it is cloudy) to repulse and taunt me. I am serious, it looks just like a R.O.U.S.

Tomorrow I am going to check around and see if anyone will come and trap it and take it away for me. At church, some older men said that if I tried to poke it, it would faint. Then, I could pick it up and take it somewhere. I said, "Oh, I won't be picking it up!" They said, "Well, your husband could pick it up." I laughed even harder at that. I said, " I am MUCH more likely than my husband to pick up a possum. And I am NOT picking up a possum."

We will see what happens. Too bad we don't live next to the fire swamp.

2 comments:

kerry said...

oh...HOW funny!!! watch out for flame spurts and lightning sand!!! :)

Mama Goose said...

Oh no! What does Daniel think of it! That is kind of funny, but probably only because I am not the one with a possum in my back yard.